Translate

6.23.2013

"...and when you get the chance..."

You should take it! I am so glad I have been saying yes to all of these amazing opportunities that are coming my way. Republic of Korea? Yes. Two months versus one? Yes. Transfer to experience two campuses instead of just one?! YES!

TOn our way to the new campus, the frail old man driving our bus is apparently lost. He makes a phone call and gets no answer. A few seconds later, we hear "Dancing Queen"s intro (ABBA)  as he scrambles to pick up his phone.

The campus we just temporarily transferred to is called Cheonan! It is SO beautiful! I feel like I'm on a mountain retreat. It's about 20 degrees cooler, and way less humid. I dont think I ever gifted you with a description of the weather....the terrible, terrible heat and water-air. It's still air, full of water though, so it boils you when the hot sun hits you. So compared to my many many days of 85/85 degrees of 100% humidity and that HORRID HILL. (3) at Jukjeon, Cheonan is a BEAUtiful mountain retreat with 40/50% humidity and cooler temperatures. Overlooking a lake, the Cheonan Dankook University Campus also experiences lovely afternoon breezes that almost require a sweater! I love it.

The campus has what seems like traditional Korean Architecture in certain places. I will upload pictures later once I take them, and am just including what it looks like outside my window! I can see the lake and the terrace below!

Today we went to Korean Barbeque again, and are planning our lessons with or teaching partners now. Later.... we're going to Noribang with the teachers! Can't wait! Practicing my Nicki raps obviously...

"...we're having the times of our lives
oo oooo"

3 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear all the detail of your adventures. Just be careful and never go out alone. I can't wait to see pictures. At least you are in a cooler area. Humidity will wear you out. Have fun teaching this week
    love you
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just looked at all your pictures. It looks like you have a great group of classmates and are all having fun.
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fun! Love the sidewalk photo!

    ReplyDelete