Yesterday we visited Seoul for the first time and it was awesome! We took a bus from inside campus and it went straight there. It's called Myeong-Dong and it's HUGE. Floors on floors of stores and restaurants and coffee shops, of course. They have coffee shops everywhere, no joke. They have streets of like...just coffee shops. I got some makeup and then we got KBBQ! Obviously amazing.
On our way back, I really needed a converter so Taka helped me and we went to EMART for the first time! We had to ask for a lot of help to get there, but everyone is very helpful and we got there in no time :)
We loved it! It's like a combination between Harrods, Target, and Ikea! It's so modern and has everything. It sounds like it's the size of a 7-11, but emart is bigger than that..it's like modern and cheap Harrod's. To talk to the sales assistants to find the converter, we used a combo of English, Korean, and Japanese that Taka knew. So convenient. Thanks Taka! We were getting close to curfew so we had to leave and didn't see much :(
Finding out how to get back was a whole different story. We tried to ask people but they were all too shy or didnt understand exactly what we meant. The second we tried to look for someone who looked like they spoke English....we saw Ari! Thank God. She obviously knew where she was going, so we got back safely!
It was a relief to hear Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World" play on the bus' radio on the way back, though. It was just one song, but it was enough to remind me of home, remind me why I'm here, and take away all the stress from being lost in a big city. What kind of world sets down one of your buddies in front of you when you need the most help? A wonderful one :)
Today, we basically had teaching orientation again, and then went to emart again! I got a blanket, returned that converter that broke half an hour into use, and got a straightener. Hello prettay hayr. Wutsup.
Our climb up the mountain of DKU to get back to the dorms was not pleasant today. I was SO tired after that. It was only 5pm but I managed to sleep until midnight. A few other people went to Noribang, what Koreans call Karaoke, but I have done it before and can wait to do so again.
It's currently 5am and Sese and I have been up editing blogs, pics, vlogs, and just talking and laughing. We have too much fun... I worry.
Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment