This is going to be a short post because I have a lot to do to prepare for tomorrow, but I just had to share my stories of extreme kindness today. After my class, the weather was a bit overcast, so I decided it would be interesting to shoot a few pictures with that lighting. Well, those clouds up above were actually rain clouds, as I figured out from a quarter of a mile away from the dorms looking back. I could see the rain falling from the clouds, minutes away from hitting the ground. I started back but knew it was too late, so I headed for the walk with large oak trees to shelter me from the rain as I walked back to the dorms. I was suddenly trapped under one (that was not as large as I would have liked it ti be) as the rain turned into a downpour, and walking at all would soak through my camera bag and into my camera. The tree itself soon began to drip on me, and I could not hide my T2i from the water. Great, stranded in the rain.
A student with an umbrella walking by was looking my way, but I didn't believe anyone would have time to help me out...I did this to myself after all. Of course, he proceeded to walk over, then stop and ask if he could help me get to the next building. I was completely blown away.
The more times people are insanely kind and out-of-their-way helpful to us, the more crazy it seems. It proves that it's not just a freak accident, and that the occurrence of these types of situations is wonderfully frequent. Anyways, here I am in a skirt and sandals, walking through ankle deep mini-rivers of water rolling by, with a boy holding an umbrella over me and my little camera. Just to be nice.
People are so nice here. Kindness and people coming forward voluntarily to help you.... that's normal. It is everywhere you look.
It turns out that the only reason I was stranded in the rain was because no one had walked by yet.
And no, he did not ask for my number or put on any moves. He just walked me to a building and said goodbye and have a nice day, then walked away! I am so glad I had this experience of getting not-so-stranded in the rain.
Thank you, whoever you were.
Good energy attracts good energy. I love that you had this experience!
ReplyDeleteLove this! Got teary. You are having amazing experiences!! <3
ReplyDelete